This page contains links to the apps and technologies presented each week by the iHabilitation Man. If there are apps that you would like to have discussed, click here to let us know.
June 12, 2018
A different slant on WWDC comes from Shelly Brisbin’s Parallel Podcast – a mainstream podcast with a sprinkling of accessibility. Shelly is the author of “iOS Access For All”, a book that is updated for each new iOS version.
And from Blind Abilities, yet more perspectives on WWDC in “That Blind Tech Show” Episode 17
- Check out the “Applevis Unleashed” podcast for May 2018.
- An Applevis podcast tells us how to download all of your iCloud music to your iDevice in a single procedure.
- How to delete old and inactive devices from “Find My iPhone”.
- How to tell if your iPhone was originally purchased new, refurbished, replacement or fancy/personalized.
- How to know which iPhone you have https://coolblindtech.com/how-to-know-which-iphone-you-have/
Cool Apps this Week
Travel Ear: Listen to the sounds of the world in 3D stereo
Blindfold Video: Take a video by simply opening the app!
June 5, 2018
First, a Hands Off Our Harnesses update.
- Please visit to read the minutes from the May 10 “Moving Forward” meeting. There will be a Memorandum of Understanding between the coalition and the Canadian Centre for Disability Studies.
- We also posted the latest Air Passenger Protection Regulations consultation paper to do with the Transportation Modernization Act which just received royal assent.
What’s new in accessibility from Apple’s 2018 World Wide Developers Conference
Jonathan Mosen’s Top Ten Wishlist for iOS12
May 29, 2018
Here are a few articles:
From 9 to 5 Mac
From Tech Crunch
From Apple Insider
Apple brings Everyone Can Code to schools serving blind and deaf students
Google and Alexa
Google Home will soon Let You Talk Through A Phone Menu system.
Amazon just added two features to Alexa’s calendar abilities
Job Insights #4: Apps With Productivity in Mind for Education and in the Workplace
May 22, 2018:
For the best news browsing experience ever, on iPhone or iPad, try Google News.
Whether you have an Apple Watch or not, SleepWatch can help you monitor and improve your sleep habits.
Windows April 2018 Update and Freedom Scientific Products
Learn the official version of ‘What’s new in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update‘ from the Windows Experience Blog.
From the Freedom Scientific Blog comes “Freedom Scientific Software and the Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update. What You Need to Know“.
Upgrades for ZoomText and Fusion are available to make them compatible with the new version.